Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sixphotosnuff SWS

Potential Members: Please include a short message in your application to help us weed out spam. Please note that we ARE NOT AN ONLINE STORE.

How Often do you use Snuff?

UnicornUUnicornU Posts: 37
edited February 2011 in General
How many times a day, in about situations or before some events :)
·

Comments

• FischTixFischTix Posts: 1,058
    edited February 2011
    It varies for me. Sometimes i might only snuff 2 or 3 times in an hour, and other times it seems I'm reaching for a tin every couple of minutes. I think it comes from smoking for so long, during times of stress I have that uncontrollable fidgety problem. I do the same when I try a new snuff that I really dig...feels like i can't get enough of it, almost to the point of over doing it. As far as events go, the only thing that comes to mind is eating, but not before. I HAVE to snuff right after eating!
    ·
  • ZanaspusZanaspus Posts: 257
    Sometimes upwards of 50 times a day, sometimes 2 or 3. Just depends on what I'm doing and how bad the craving is.
    ·
  • I like to have a snuff or two in the morning with my coffee. Usually one or two after dinner. Maybe a bit more in the evening.
    ·
  • Walrus1985Walrus1985 Posts: 1,365
    edited February 2011
    I snuff when and where I fancy. Could be 3 times an hour could be 20, just depends on what I'm doing and how I feel.

Stefan

Edit: Typo
    ·
  • I use snuff all the time :P

Honestly though, one of the reasons I took up snuff in order to quit smoking was that I liked the idea of snuffing anywhere in the same way people would smoke pretty much everywhere 40 years ago. Now I snuff in every room in my house, I can snuff at the dinner table (after the meal of course), I can snuff inside a hospital, cinema, pub, whilst shopping, on public transport etc, and even at work. Now the staff and residents at the nursing home where I work have gotten used to me snuffing most of them don't even bat an eyelid when I take a pinch.

There is no place or time where I would hesitate to snuff.
    ·
  • bobbob Posts: 6,798
    about a million times a day. I'am counting each speck of snuff each crumb. Just a guess though. Never bothered counting each one.
    ·
  • Depends of the day of the week for me. I smoke more on the weekends at home but don't smoke at work. At work I take a couple of pinches every hour, and intersperse that with hits off the ecig. I even take snuff in some meetings, though none with VPs! One of the VPs saw the snuff cans on my desk one day and asked what I was painting. So I explained about snuff and he thought it was, if a bit eccentric, interesting. Like street carp, I'll snuff pretty much anywhere any time. I never go anywhere without my Tripletech box of McC Clove in my pocket. On the weekends my snuff taking is more in the morning and evening, when I'm not busy doing stuff. I snuff with my coffee and my beer!
    ·
  • I tend to smoke the cigs when at work or driving then switch to pipes snuff and an occaisonal dip when I get home. I think I am uncommon in the way I use so many different forms of tobacco on a daily basis but I enjoy them all and I can't seem to settle on one. Only reason I don't smoke good cigars too is cus I can't afford them yet.
    ·
  • mmjkrmmmjkrm Posts: 51
    I am simialar to mr john deere...I chew skoal most of the day, I snuff "here and there" all day , ...smoke a pipe when I have a good 45-1hr to myself...I smoke perodi cigars on occasion , ... 2 bucks for 5 /
    ·
  • It's a pretty wild guess, but probably every 5-10 minutes unless I am asleep or occupied with something that requires 100% attention. When I smoked, I smoked like a fiend. I probably snuff even more than I smoked.
    ·
  • NJE03NJE03 Posts: 197
    I usually enjoy some in the morning, and when I am relaxing in the evening. During the afternoon I usually do not partake.
    ·
  • AbraxasAbraxas Posts: 5,448
    As you can see, the answer is; when you feel like it. There's no rule book..
    ·
  • PieterClaassenPieterClaassen Posts: 2,817
    edited February 2011
    I do not count pinches and calories. Just enjoy it whenever I feel like it, even during the night. Life is to short to worry about petty things!
    ·
  • Usually when I don't have time to actually sit & enjoy a pipe. I snuff regularly when out & about, but I also snuff at home at my desk, just not as often as I do when out & about.
    ·
    right now.
    ·
  • khalidkhalid Posts: 366
    As often as I want to.
    ·
  • XanderXander Posts: 7,382
    I never counted, but probably 30-40 pinches a day.
    ·
  • Jesu27Jesu27 Posts: 88
    edited February 2011
    A 3 or 4 pinches of FUBAR and dhoaklia med in the morning. 6-10 pinches of various Toques in the afternoon. 2-4 pinches of scotches or toast at night. With about 4-6 swedish snus in between. If im out and about 2-4 pinches of various Poschl or McC S"nuff. Im a creature of habit.
    ·
    some pinches usually....hold on a minute *sniiiiiiiff* ok now what was i saying?!
    ·
  • I sniff in my sleep. Checkmate
    ·
    Bishop to e6..or some crap like that...I sniffed one time when i was dead!!!
    ·
  • khalidkhalid Posts: 366
    So, I have been awake two hours and taken six pinches, so I guess an average of three pinches an hour sounds right, more or less.
    ·
  • @FischTix Touché ! :-P . Ah yeah, well... When I was waiting for God to send me to Earth, AGAIN, he's all like, "Here, try this... They'll call it, 'Snuff', it's pretty amazing."
    And God said it was good :-P

Basically about 1 pinch every 20 minutes. Sounds about right to me.
    ·
  • Anything between 5 and 50 pinches a day.
    ·
  • JwalkerJwalker Posts: 121
    Um 0 times to a fair amount, I think I'm going to try and use more since it's cheaper than snus.
    ·
    I will get through a flip top rosewood snuff box, whatever that holds, every day. If I don't bother going to bed, being an insomniac, I will do another box full. And the weirdest thing; although I do blow and, to be gross, see some of it again, its only a fraction of what goes up there. If you cross sectioned my head I probably replaced my brain with compacted snuff some years ago.
    ·
  • XanderXander Posts: 7,382
    Well that would explain a lot. ;-)
    ·
    Yip:(
    ·
  • Actually, I've wondered what exactly becomes of the snuff that doesn't blow out. Some is swallowed, for sure, but is it all? It is a mystery.
    ·
    lots of it gets swallowed. lots of it. that's how your body deals with dusts. Is by slowly pushing it into the stomach.
    ·
  • YoruYoru Posts: 22
    I'm still doing experiments with homemmade stuff so not a lot (most of my experiments aren't going so well) heh heh. Whenever my toque finally gets here probably a lot more -- I had one tin that got my into snuff to begin with (forget which one it was, think it was original) and really liked it, and it only took me about 4 days to use 10g. I'm getting the feeling that isn't a helluva lot for you guys, but I also -- this forum is just for snuff talk so lets just leave it at I get my tobacco from a 5 other systems as well.
    ·
  • BartBart Posts: 1,480
    You best watch that swallowing talk on Saturday night, Bob
    ·
    I didn't start it.
    ·
  • Very Often
    When the scent goes away, I snuff some more to get the smell back.
    I snuff more inside than outside. I snuff more if the smell is of a fainter scent.
    If the scent is strong I snuff less. If it is a smallzer almost constant cause I love me some smalllllzer any smalxer.
    ·
  • Whenever I feel like it really, but usually quite a bit throughout the day.
    ·
  • More and more these days :) I was a daily snuser ( Which I still like a LOT ) but I now have my Full Snuff period Again.
    ·
  • I usually take about 1-2 pinches an hour. Well i guess 2-4 since the pinch i used to do both nostrils with has doubled in size. But i also smoke every hour and a half and dip in the morning since its so cold out.
    ·
  • About as often as I used to smoke (thank you, Rooster!), so maybe 20-30 times a day; about 40-100 pinches a day.
    ·
  • YoruYoru Posts: 22
    I went through a full acryllic bullet today (holds a gram I think) and I expect that to double or triple on my days off. I'll let you know next week what rythm I officially settle into :P
    ·
    Sound about right, thats a decent amount to start really appreciating it.
    ·
  • AvedisAvedis Posts: 42
    7 to 10 grams a day on average but I also don't use any of the extremely fine/dry snuffs unless they are mixed with something else. I think if you are using HDTs and the like it is more limiting. I am a converted smoker so I like the higher levels of nic in my system...if I am not extremely busy or if I am driving I will usually put about a nickel size amount of snuff up each side several times an hour.
    ·
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Posts: 3,298
    whenever my nose tells me to
    ·
  • A pinch or two when I wake up, ten to fifteen pinches throughout the workday (except directly before a production meeting, so I don't have to blow during the meeting!), ten or so sitting at my computer after work, another five or ten sitting on my porch reading, another five watching a movie just before going to bed, when I have another pinch just as I lay my head on the pillow.
    Oh, and if I should wake up in the middle of the night, a pinch to go back to sleep. :)
    ·
  • Hello all,
    I've been gone for quite a while but am back now. I usually take a pinch about 3-4 times an hour.

-Kidnapper
    ·
  • Welcome back, kidnapper!! I thought you've been kidnapped
    ·
  • When i'm not snussing or smoking a cigar or wotnot i have a sniff o' snuff.
    ·
  • You can't kidnap a kidnapper haha.

-Kidnapper
    ·
  • But does a kid take a nap or a kidnapper take a kid... er, i'll get my coat.
    ·
  • kidnapperkidnapper Posts: 199
    edited February 2011
    Kids, naps, kidnapping, coats, they're all the same to me.

-Kidnapper
    ·
  • lol
    ·