Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sixphotosnuff SWS

Potential Members: Please include a short message in your application to help us weed out spam. Please note that we ARE NOT AN ONLINE STORE.

Gawith Cola, Apricot and Silverstone Orange (Poschl Tobacco)

SnuffSnuff Posts: 27
edited December 2006 in Types of Snuff
These have to be my three favorites! They come in cool, easy portion 10g containers (5g for the Silverstone), and are wonderfully mild and refreshing! The Apricot is definitely my favorite, slightly fruity with a light menthol touch. The Orange is non-menthol but has a robust, spicy orange scent and a slightly more coarse texture that is actually quite satisfying. The cola reminds me of the "Gummy Cola" candy if anyones ever had that, with an added touch of menthol, much like the apricot this snuff is also mild and refreshing!
·

Comments

• AlexAlex Posts: 569
    I did not have the heart to try the Gawith Cola yet, because I heard it is really awful. Maybe I should give it a try sometime.
    I bought the Silverstone Orange once and just had a pinch to remind myself of the taste. It has this special kind of orange scent, which is quite nice. Not an all-day snuff for me, but when you like fruity snuffs you make like this one.
    ·
  • I actually enjoy the cola myself.

The silverstone orange though for some reason does not sit well with me.

Every time I try it, I get the sensation of having just sniffed up a grinded down piece of orange flavored PEZ candy
    ·
  • :-) PEZ!! That's great! It's EXACTLY what Silverstone is like to me, too, and I never thought of the description. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

A.
    ·
    edited December 2006
    PEZ? You guys rock. What a description of a snuff type... Somehow it sounds, hehe.
    ·
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ·
    ·
    edited December 2006
    Car air refresher...another great description. :D
    ·
    ·
  • TekidTekid Posts: 28
    I actually picked these three to try out soon, I'm just waiting on my next Army check. Ready to try something other than my own homemade concoction!
    ·
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ·
    I ordered all 3 of these, so I'll put in my 2 cents when they get here!
    ·
    Ok, my thoughts on these 3:

Gawith Cola: Definitly an interesting experience. I noticed the menthol effect immediatly, and at first thought that would be all I would get, but after a moment, the cola flavor came in. I have to agree with the first post in the discussion in that it does have the distinct flavor of Haribo Gummy Cola candies. Luckily, I happen to enjoy them, and thus enjoy this snuff as well.

Gawith Apricot: This one didn't sit as well with me as I expected. It wasn't horrible or anything, but I really didn't sense too much apricot in the flavor. Not one I'd race to get a pinch of at this moment, but as everyone says, the ones you don't like today will be the ones you love tomorrow.

Silverstone Orange: This one was quite nice, in my opinion. A nice flavor to it, and yes, like poo-diddy said, I too would compare it to Orange Pez. The absence of menthol really helps with this one, as I could see it clouding the flavor quite a bit. Nevertheless, definitly one I'll be buying again, in larger quantities.
    ·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    ·
  • SatyrSatyr Posts: 197
    edited November 2007
    I just got some Silverstone Orange in today. So far I'm really enjoying it. It's not too sweet, so I wouldn't mind using it all day. I really like the fact that they left out the menthol. I wish they'd do that with more of their snuffs. My only complaint is that the orange scent doesn't last very long. The nicotine kick seems a bit lower than with the other Poschl snuffs, but I really don't see this as a problem. All I can say is I'm glad I ordered two :)
    ·
  • shaggyshaggy Posts: 12
    the first snuff i tried was the cola i liked it if fact i have some on the way now along with this supposedly hi nic gin and tonic snuff from bespoke i'll keep you informed how that works out
    ·
  • I like the cola as well, I just wish it wasn't quite as mentholated, and more cola flavored
    ·
  • shaggy, Bespoke G&T is a very good snuff but I wouldn't say it was high nicotine but more like a good medium. I do enjoy all the Bespoke snuffs.
    ·
    ·
  • bobbob Posts: 6,781
    maybe the guy on mars was trying to imply it mixs good with coke (and not the cola type) that is about all I can figure.
    ·
  • TroutstrokerTroutstroker Posts: 1,447
    edited December 2007
    I believe that was towler who belongs to this forum that wrote that review on G&T @ Mars.
    ·
    ·
  • RoamRoam Posts: 226
    I agree on the Gawith apricot,but after using it now for one week i notice the apricot taste more than the menthol.
    Wich on the one hand is a pleasant expirience when you are outside,but on the other hand if you are in your house the apricot taste doesn't really kick in.
    I would reccomend Gletscherpriese for both indoor and outdoor use.
    ·
    ·
    ·
    I would really like to try the cola,but as far as i know it is not available in Croatia.
    BTW,i noticed the gawith apricot after one week is not the same as one week before,is it just me cause i have taken it every day,but now i find gletscherpriese better...
    ·
    @ StTroyIII, You can still find the Silverstone Orange. Poschl has quit making it but you can still find in stock at a few stores that have some left in the link below. So if you do like it I would suggest picking up a few from one of these before they are gone forever.

Silverstone @ Snuff Shop

Silverstone @ Pipes & Cigars
    ·
    Actually, you can't purchase it from Pipes & Cigars any more. They still show it on their site, but the "buy" link is not there. That's because they are out of stock. I emailed them and asked about it. Unless they find some mystical supply of it, they won't be restocking it. The only place to get it is from Snuff Shop. And I don't imagine they have much more left in stock. I purchased 6 of them the last time I placed an order. I figure it will be good for trade in the future.
    ·
    You can vacuum seal them and put them in a jug full of water and freeze the jug solid to keep them fresh for about 10 years to raise the trade value!! :~)
    ·
    Actually, I already have them vacuum sealed along with many other items in my collection. But, I hadn't thought about the freezing part. It sounds crazy enough to work! :-P
    ·
    edited April 2008
    well it would be airtight frozen in a block of ice so there would be no freezer burn, and kept at a constant temperature. I know it works for keeping a trophy fish or duck in prime condition when you want to have one mounted at a later date.
    ·
    ·
    BTW,what i noticed,after taking gletscherpriese after 10 min,i noticed that before lighting a cigarette,the smell of tobacco,the snuff has after 10min the smeel of tobbaco,I find that great! :D
    ·
  • PieterClaassenPieterClaassen Posts: 2,817
    I've only tried the APRICOT and find it most enjoyable. The apricot flavour is not so robust as with the Samuel Garwith Apricot but the slight hint of menthol is super. My son brought me a box (?) of this snuff in December last when he visited London and since then I was really craving for the stuff. It's not available in South Africa so I only got hold of some more of this lovely product this week in my order from Snuff Store. I never want to be without it ever again!!
    ·
    ·
  • bryanbryan Posts: 141
    By far my favorite Poschl is President. It is a subtle menthol best taken in small pinches. Second to that is Packard's club- but it is very runny and cloggy...but I like the taste. Gliescher is like O&G to me...nothing really special about it and Apricot is good, but not something I take more than maybe once a week for something different. It's good, though. Just not great.
    ·
  • bryanbryan Posts: 141
    Oh yeah...I don't see how anyone can stand Taxi. To me that is like smoking a GPC generic cigarette compared to a Sherman or even a Marlboro red....or taking some crappy generic dip compared to taking good Snus or even Copenhagen. I've actually tossed mine out, because I don't think I'll ever want any of it...yuck! Tastes like chemicals.
    ·
    ·
    ·
  • snuffdogsnuffdog Posts: 309
    edited November 2008
    The Cola has turned out to be one of the few snuffs I really don't care for very much. I was beginning to think I was gonna love practically everything for a while. It's certainly not bad and I won't have a problem finishing it, but it just struck me as flat cola syrup. I do like the Taxi's quite a bit too, once the ammonia fades there's some good tobacco flavor in there.
    ·
  • SpyroSpyro Posts: 969
    I just recently tried out the cola. I personally like it but be warned that it is pretty sweet. It has an actual cola taste with a moderate menthol kick. Reminds me of the Ozona fruit snuffs just a different taste. As a reference I also like the President's and Packards as well. I have a can of Apricot but haven't broken the seal yet. Just too many damn snuffs to try for now.
    ·
    I haven't tried the Cola,but my all time favourite from Poschl is Gletscherpriese,i can literary drown in it.
    Snuff a ton of that,and my eyes will not water(TBH not really,they water a lil' bit :D ).
    ·
  • SpyroSpyro Posts: 969
    OK, finally broke the seal on my apricot and gave it a whirl. It's a very nice snuff, subtle yet still has strength. I can see using this as an all day snuff. Happy with the Cola too. Poschl scores high in my book with these two brands, still feel they dropped the ball on that horrid Chief Bull tho.
    ·
  • The Gawith Apricot is one of my absolute favorties. It could be a bit higher in nicotine but the scent makes up for that.
    ·
  • SnuffSnuff Posts: 27
    I looked up poschl tobacco on google and realized i made this thread!! haha i forgot all about silverstone orange i would totally like to have some now
    ·
    edited October 2009
    "I looked up poschl tobacco on google and realized i made this thread!! haha i forgot all about silverstone orange i would totally like to have some now"

Yeah, I read this thread the other day after looking through my hoard of snuff and finding I still have 5 unopened Silverstone Orange vacuum sealed. I had forgotten all about it.
    ·